due: week 3
reading: Creevy pages 62-79.
bring next week:
assignment part 1: grayscale chart
(Read all instructions before beginning)
When you are done, the strip should go from white to black in equal steps. The numbers in the chart refer to the amount of black paint in the mixtures.
part 2: mixed grays
(Read all instructions before beginning.)
The purpose is to learn to make gray without using black paint so as to produce more vibrant grays.
Before starting, you will have to first make orange, green and violet.
You can now make 3 sets of grays using white paint plus the following pairs of colors:
1. Starting with white paint,
make enough of the mixture to have some left over for steps 2-4.
2. Divide the remaining paint mixture into two piles.
3. To one pile, add a tiny amount of color-1 (red, in this example).
4. Repeat step-3 for color-2 (making greenish-gray).
5. Repeat steps-1=4 for the remaining color pairs (yellow + violet, and blue + orange).
Red + Green series:
Violet + Yellow series:
Blue + Orange series:
due: week 5
due: week 5
due: week 10
On canvas, canvas paper, or canvas board, make a grid of 1" squares similar that below